Online Baccarat: The Best Real Money Casinos With Baccarat
Get ready! Online baccarat is taking the Aussie gambling scene by storm. This simple card game is not only fun but a breeze to play.
Our experienced team has clocked up countless hours playing baccarat at some of the world’s premier online casinos. And we’re bringing our top recommendations for the best online casinos to play baccarat online, handpicked just for you.
With our help, you’ll learn everything there is to know about online baccarat, from basic gameplay to high-stakes strategies.
We’ve even listed some of the most common bonuses to look out for and tips for choosing the best baccarat casinos.
Let’s get started…
Best Online Baccarat Sites for Aussie Players 2024
The Basics of Baccarat Online
Before playing any online casino game, you need to learn the rules.
Luckily for you, online baccarat is an easy game to understand. And the rules are dead simple.
Let’s take a look.
Your goal is to build a hand as close to 9 as possible.
- When playing, you can either bet on the dealer (otherwise known as the banker) or the player – depending on who you think will have the best hand.
- All cards from 2 to 9 represent their face value.
- An Ace has a value of 1.
- 10, Jack, Queen and King have a value of 0.
You can work out the value of your hand by adding up your cards after they’re dealt.
If your hand value exceeds 9, take the last digit to work out your hand value. For example, if you’re dealt a 6 and a 5 which totals 11, your value would be 1.
If you, or the dealer, has a hand value of 8 or 9, you both stand.
If you or the dealer have a hand worth 5 or less, you can hit to get another card.
Baccarat Online vs Baccarat Tables
Playing online baccarat is pretty straightforward.
You play it the same way as if you’re playing at a baccarat table in a land-based casino.
But instead of driving in your car or jumping on a bus to visit a casino in-person, you can relax barefoot on the couch in your favourite t-shirt and shorts and still have the chance to win real, hard cash.
As well as being super convenient, here are some of the other big differences of playing baccarat online:
- No waiting: You won’t have to wait for a spot to become available at your favourite baccarat table when you’re playing online. You can get started straight away.
- More variety: You can usually access more baccarat games online than in a physical casino. For example, Mini-Baccarat or Baccarat Banque. You can also shop around to explore different casino sites and find a title that’s right for you with a theme that suits your taste.
- Advanced technology: Playing online baccarat games lets you use the latest technology, like playing live baccarat games where you can experience the feeling of being in a casino without leaving your front door. Many live dealer baccarat versions have multiple cameras set up to replicate an actual casino floor and let you communicate with the dealer for a personalised playing experience.
- Better bonuses: Playing at an online casino gives you access to more bonuses and promotional offers. You can also sign up to play in online tournaments, some of which offer significant prize pools.
- Better house edge: When you play baccarat online, it usually gives you a better house edge. That means you’ve got a greater chance of winning if you play at an online casino rather than a brick-and-mortar casino.
Choosing the Right Online Baccarat Platform
If you’re considering playing any casino game online, it’s important to find a licensed, reputable site that offers Aussie players fair playing conditions.
You want to find a site serious about player security, with quality encryption software that keeps your personal information safe and secure.
Based on our expertise, here are some of the top things we recommend looking for when searching for a top-quality site to play baccarat online.
When you gamble with real money, you want to make sure your money is kept safe.
There are plenty of fraudsters out there in the online world, and you also want to keep your personal information protected.
Range of Baccarat Games Available
If you’re serious about playing online baccarat, in our experience, the best option is to find a casino that offers a variety of baccarat games. For example, Punto Banco, Chemin de Fer and Baccarat Banque.
Another thing our experts look for is games from well-known developers like NetEnt, Microgaming and Playtech.
Using free play baccarat, like demo games, is also a great option if you’re just starting out to learn about the game without risking any of your hard-earned cash.
Quality Customer Service
Good casinos will offer players access to quality customer service.
In our experience, we prefer playing at sites with various ways to access customer service, such as live chat, email support, a contact number and a detailed FAQ page.
Getting help when needed can make or break your online playing experience.
Various Payment Options
To start playing baccarat online, you’ll need to make a deposit in your casino account. Look for casinos that offer a variety of payment options, so it’s easy to fund your account.
Some popular payment methods in Australia include e-wallets and platforms that accept Visa and Mastercard.
When you make your first deposit at an online casino, you’ll usually be able to access a welcome bonus. These can vary depending on the casino, so our experts always recommend that you shop around and check out a few different promotions to find the best bonus for you.
Make sure you look at the terms and conditions to check if there are any wagering or playthrough requirements. And check that they’re fair before you activate the bonus and place bets.
Strategies and Tips for Online Baccarat Games
If you’re new to online baccarat games, our team of experienced baccarat players are here to help.
We’ve been playing for years, both at baccarat tables and online. But remember, winning at baccarat is like trying to predict the weather in a tornado – it’s mostly luck! But a little strategy can’t hurt.
Good luck, and may the cards be ever in your favour – or at least shuffle in your general direction!
Bet on The Dealer
If you’re after a win in baccarat, the best bet is usually to bet on the dealer.
That’s because baccarat odds for dealer bets are higher than both player bets and tie bets.
So you’re more likely to secure a bigger win with a dealer bet; assuming your bet comes off.
Play Free Baccarat First
Based on our experience, practising by playing free baccarat helps ensure you fully understand how the game works before splashing your cash.
So take advantage of online casinos that offer free games in demo mode.
You can test out strategies and experience all the different outcomes without risking losing your money.
Use a Welcome Bonus
Take advantage of the many generous welcome bonuses on offer from different casinos.
When you sign up, the casino will credit your account. So you can use the casino’s money instead of your own to place your bets.
Just make sure you check out the T&Cs, so you don’t end up claiming a bonus with wagering requirements so high it’s not worth activating.
Busting Baccarat Myths
Like many casino games, plenty of myths and untruths surround the game of baccarat. After years in the industry, we’ve heard them all.
Let’s blow the lid off some of the most common myths.
Online Baccarat is Rigged
Some players still think online casino games are rigged. They don’t believe an online casino would ever produce a natural hand.
Many people believe because you can’t see a human croupier shuffling your cards, there must be something dodgy going on to give the online casino an advantage.
Fact: There are literally thousands of online baccarat players, including our team of experts, who have all achieved natural hands when playing baccarat online at many different casinos.
More importantly, licensed and reputable casino sites have to adhere to strict guidelines and are audited regularly to keep their licenses. So they must ensure their games offer a decent chance of winning for players.
Baccarat Isn’t Profitable
We’ve come across plenty of Aussie players who don’t think you can win real money playing baccarat at online casinos.
Usually because they don’t understand how the game works. Many players believe that it’s a game for high rollers and that you need a huge bankroll to get started.
Fact: Baccarat is one of the easiest casino games you can play. And it doesn’t require a lot of skill.
It also comes with one of the lowest house edges available at an online casino – including pokies. A dealer bet, otherwise known as a banker bet, has a house edge of only 1.06%, while the house edge on a player bet is 1.24%.
Progressive Betting Systems Work in Baccarat
In our experience, we’ve seen plenty of players use progressive betting systems like the Martingale or Fibonacci system in baccarat.
Players will use these to increase their bets each time they place bets, hoping to recoup any losses and make a profit.
Fact: These types of betting systems don’t really work when you play baccarat. That’s because they don’t abide by the laws of probability. Baccarat is random and comes down to pure luck.
So unless you’ve got an unlimited bankroll, you may want to steer clear of these progressive betting systems to save yourself from big losses.
You Can Easily Detect Patterns in a Baccarat Game
Many players think it’s easy to detect patterns when playing casino games, including baccarat. Like detecting when a player or dealer will be dealt a natural hand that totals 8 or 9.
Fact: Baccarat is a game of luck. There’s no real skill involved, and honestly, it’s like betting on the toss of a coin in many ways.
While it’s a lot of fun, and you can win money, you can’t detect which cards will be dealt to help you win.
Managing Your Bankroll
When you’re gambling, online or in person, we always recommend setting a budget. Particularly when it comes to games like baccarat, which don’t require a lot of skill and can see you lose your money fast.
Managing your bankroll helps ensure you don’t lose too much money, and lets you play responsibly. Here are some of our top tips for managing your bankroll.
- Don’t chase your losses. If you’re consistently losing, it’s time to take a break. Chasing your losses by continuing to bet or increasing your bets will only likely lead to bigger losses.
- Don’t bet under the influence. Based on our experience, we don’t ever recommend our readers place bets if they’ve been drinking or taking drugs. It can impair your judgement and cause you to lose your cash – fast.
- Only bet what you can afford to lose. Don’t ever use the money you’ve set aside for important things like rent, your mortgage, bills or food for gambling.
At the end of the day, gambling should be fun. It’s not a revenue stream – because there’s never any guarantee of a win when you gamble.
At AusCasinos, we support responsible gambling and want to help our readers avoid gambling harm when playing at online casinos.
Bonuses and Promotions
Casino bonuses can be a great way to help you win big if you’re playing baccarat online.
Here are some of the most common bonuses available at online baccarat casino sites.
But remember always to check the terms and conditions at each casino so you know exactly what you’re signing up for.
- Welcome bonus: This is eligible for new players and can give you access to some serious cash(think upwards of $1,000 at some casinos). But, like in life, all good things usually come with a catch. In this case, wagering requirements. You’ll need to wager a certain amount before you can withdraw your winnings, which can sometimes be high. For example, if your $100 bonus comes with a 40x wagering requirement, you’ll need to wager an additional $4,000 with the casino before withdrawing winnings from your bonus money.
- First deposit bonus: The first time you deposit to your new online casino account, you’re often eligible to claim a cash or bonus spin bonus.
- No deposit bonus: These bonuses are rare, but you can find them occasionally. They let you score a bonus without having to make a deposit. But it can come with high wagering requirements, sometimes up to 70x.
- Match deposit bonus: Sometimes, an online casino will match your initial deposit up to a certain amount. These bonuses are a great option if you want to boost your casino wallet quickly.
Advanced Tactics for Seasoned Players: ‘Up Your Game’
Check out these advanced tactics if you’re ready to elevate your game to legendary status.
Focus on Pair Bets
This strategy focuses on betting exclusively on Player Pair or Banker Pair bets.
In baccarat, pair bets have a high payout of 11:1.
So every time you win, you’ll win 11x your bet value, helping to offset any potential losses from rounds you haven’t won.
Try Out The James Bond
Think of this strategy as hedging your bets, to help boost your chances of securing a win no matter how things turn out.
It’s where you bet $200 each round across three types of bets:
- $140 on the dealer
- $50 on the player
- $10 on a tie
You can modify the values to suit your budget, and pick one within your bankroll limit. Just keep to the same split formula above.
Consider the Labouchere System
This strategy uses specific sets of numbers to work out your betting amount.
First, you need to create a number sequence, like 1, 2, 3. You make your initial bet by adding the sequence’s first and last numbers. In this case, assuming $1 per unit, your initial bet will be $4, the sum of 1 and 3.
If you win, you bet $4 again. If you lose, you need to add the value of your previous bet to the end of the sequence. Which now becomes 1, 2, 3, 4. So your next wager is $5, calculated by adding 1 and 4.
If you win, cross the first and last numbers of your sequence off and continue.
This strategy is better if you’ve been playing baccarat for a while, as it can get a little complicated.
This low-risk betting system can help reduce your losses when playing baccarat online.
If your first two bets win, you walk away with a profit, even if you lose your last two bets.
It works like this. Your initial bet is $1. If you win, make your next bet $3. If you win again, reduce your bet to $2. If that succeeds, up your next bet to $4. If you win that bet, start the process again.
If you lose at any step, return to your original $1 bet to start the system again.
Try The Paroli System
This system involves increasing your bets every time, hoping for a win.
When you win three times in a row, make sure you start the system again. Your bets increase according to what’s known as the 1-2-4 rule. For example, your first bet is $1, your second is $2, and your third is $4.
Avoid the Tie Bet
If you’re an experienced player you may already be avoiding the tie bet. But in our experience, it’s worth mentioning to make sure!
Tie bets come with the lowest odds and have the highest house edge. So they’re not worth betting on.
Mix It Up
Based on our expertise, mixing up your strategy and being flexible about bet types can be a game changer for upping your game play.
Set some rules for yourself on how many identical bets you want to make, and when you hit that limit, alternate to a different type of bet. Then repeat.
You can try out a range of bets and help boost your chances of getting a winning bet.
Online Baccarat Etiquette: ‘Playing with Grace’
Like most casino games, there’s some playing etiquette to be aware of before playing.
While knowing the rules is essential, understanding how to behave at the table makes the game more enjoyable for everyone.
Think of playing baccarat as attending a fancy dinner party. By understanding baccarat etiquette, you can ensure you don’t make a fool of yourself by eating your salad with your dessert fork.
- Do Keep the Chat Clean: Keep the chat classy, and avoid making any derogatory comments. A little virtual kindness goes a long way.
- Do Respect the Casino: Familiarise yourself with the rules of the online casino. Think of navigating a new online casino as exploring a foreign city. Familiarise yourself with the local laws to avoid any trouble.
- Don’t Hold Up The Game: Timing can be everything when you play online baccarat. If you’re not ready to bet, it slows down the entire game. Don’t be the one holding up everyone else.
- Don’t Forget to Have Fun: Think of playing baccarat like dancing at a party – fun and not too serious. If it stops being fun, it’s time to stop.
Playing baccarat online is as easy as snagging the last cold one at a summer BBQ.
All you need is to know the card values, the type of bets you can make and how to win.
Armed with the knowledge in this guide you’ll be ready to hit the online baccarat tables with confidence and ease. So what are you waiting for?
Check out the list of top baccarat sites we’ve put together. You’ll find a huge range of options with some excellent bonuses.
Additional Resources and Further Reading
- WikiHow “How to Play Baccarat”, https://www.wikihow.com/Play-Baccarat
- FeedSpot “Top 5 Baccarat Forums in 2023”, https://forums.feedspot.com/baccarat_forums/
Emily is our seasoned content writer. She writes easy to read and helpful game guides, so you can quickly understand the rules of each game and get some useful tips that can help boost your chances of winning.Read more about the author