Best Australian Free Spins No Deposit Casinos in 2023
Looking to take advantage of a free spins no deposit bonus in Australia?
At AusCasinos, we’re here to help! Our expert team have compiled a list of the best no-deposit free spins offers available. And a list of the top free spins bonus offers available when you make a small deposit.
From our experience, it’s always possible to win real money with your no-deposit free spins bonus. In this article, we’ll show you how to claim your bonus and win at a free spin casino in Australia.
Let’s start with our list of the top casinos with free spins no deposit Australia has to offer.
Free Spins With No Deposit
What is a No-Deposit Free Spin Bonus Casino?
A no-deposit free spin bonus casino is any online casino in Australia that gives you a free spin bonus without making you deposit any of your own cash. These bonuses are a great option if you’re new to online casinos.
You’ll get to test out different games without losing your hard-earned money.
A few online casinos offer these types of bonuses in Australia. Here are a couple that feature some great no-deposit bonuses……
BitStarz Casino gives you 20 free spins when you sign up. It’s got over 2,600 games and a live casino feature that makes you feel like you’re playing in a real casino. But like all good bonuses, there are a few catches. There’s a maximum cash out of $100 for your free spins and a 40x wagering requirement.
Another great online option is Slotum Casino, a relatively new casino. You can play spins on bGaming and NetEnt pokies with a maximum cash out of $100. Before you can play, you’ll need to confirm your email address to access your free spins.
Free Spins Bonus vs. Free Spins Bonus Rounds
Sometimes, players get a little confused about how free spins bonuses work vs. free spins bonus rounds. Basically, one is offered by the casino, while the other is built into the game. Let’s take a look.
Online casinos give you free spins bonuses because they want you to sign up and play.
They hope you’ll love playing their casino so much that you’ll start using your own money to play. Usually, these types of bonuses are exclusive to new customers. But sometimes casinos will also give returning customers free spins no deposit bonuses to encourage them to keep visiting the site.
A free spins bonus round isn’t offered by the casino to get you to play.
It’s a special feature of a particular pokies game. It’s usually activated when certain symbols appear in a winning combination across the reels. How many free spins you get depends on the slot machine you’re playing and the winning combination that triggered the bonus.
Pros and Cons of Free Spins No Deposit BonusesIf you’re thinking of signing up for a no-deposit free spins bonus check out some of the advantages and disadvantages before you get started.
- No financial risk: Because you don’t have to make a deposit, there’s no risk of losing your money.
- Opportunity to win real money: Even though you don’t have to deposit any of your own cash, you can still win real money when you wager free spins. But remember, most bonuses make you fulfil wagering requirements before you can take out your winnings.
- Try out new games: You can get a feel for new slot games and casino games using your free spins.
- Learn game strategies: Because you’re not risking losing money, you can try different strategies and tactics on online pokies. It’s a great way to learn from your mistakes and think about the best way to play certain games for the next time you play.
- Test out new casinos: Lots of different casinos offer free spins bonuses. This means you can try out a heap of different sites before deciding which one you like the best.
- Strict terms and conditions: Free spins no deposit bonuses usually have high wagering requirements and other terms and conditions. This means wagering your own money before you can withdraw any winnings. It can also limit how much you can win with your free spins. Make sure you check out the terms and conditions for each site before you claim free spins.
- Limited selection of online slots: Most casinos will let you use your free spins on certain online casino games. If you love a specific game, make sure it’s available to use before you claim your free spins deposit bonuses.
How We Rate a Free Spin Online Casino in Australia
At AusCasinos, our experts use a range of strict criteria to review each of the online gambling sites we recommend. We play at each online casino using real money and consider the following:
License & reputation: We only recommend casino sites that are fully licensed. For example, sites score well if they have a license with the Malta Gaming Authority or UKGC.
Safety & Security: We check out the level of encryption to help make sure your personal information is kept safe and secure when playing casino games.
Pokies selection: All the free spins no deposit casinos on our list have lots of different online pokies available for you to play.
Game providers: We recommend sites that feature some top game providers worldwide, including Net Entertainment, NextGen Gaming, Evolution Gaming and iSoftBet.
Casino bonuses: Besides free spins bonuses, we also check out other casino bonuses and promotions available. Some things we look for include deposit match bonus offers, more free spins and other bonus package offers.
Wagering requirements: Nearly all free spin offers come with wagering requirements, but we check that the conditions are fair for all players.
Payment methods: We want you to be able to use a payment method that you know and trust, and that offers fast payouts. We also check that sites accept AUD to make it easy for Aussies.
Site design: We look for great navigation, so it’s easy to find the games you want to play. A fun site design also gets a high score.
Mobile compatibility: Because so many Australian players use their mobiles to play, we look for casinos that are optimised for mobiles to make sure there are no glitches or issues.
Customer support: Good customer service can make or break your online gaming experience. Sites that offer 24/7 support score highly, so you can access help whenever needed.
How to Claim No Deposit-Free Spins
Follow these steps to claim your no-deposit free spins bonus.
- Find a casino: Check out our recommended sites to find one right for you and create an account. You’ll need to provide basic information like your name, email and phone number.
- Verify your account: Once you’ve set up your account, you’ll need to verify it via email or SMS before claiming any free spins offer or no deposit bonus.
- Claim your bonus: Before claiming, check out the terms and conditions of each free spin no deposit bonus to make sure they’re okay for you. Many online casinos have a bonus section on their site you can claim from. Sometimes, you’ll need to enter a bonus code to activate.
- Start playing: Once you’ve claimed your free spins no deposit bonus you’re ready to play! Your free spins will be in your account, and you can choose a game to start playing. Good luck!
No Deposit Free Spins – Things To Keep In Mind
No deposit spins are the ultimate risk-free bonus offered as a tempting promotion to introduce players to a new online casino.
However, players looking to claim no deposit-free spins may find that the tempting bonuses come paired with some rather severe restrictions for withdrawing any potential winnings.
With far more technical jargon and careful clauses in the terms and conditions, the risk-free bonuses can be a minefield for players looking to cash in on a great welcome offer, so it helps to be fluent in the language of free spins no deposit bonuses before you get stuck in.
Below we’ve listed some of the most common words and phrases that players are likely to come across when claiming too-good-to-be-true welcome offers at online casinos.
Time Limits/Expiry Dates
Many free spins no deposit bonuses come with expiry dates.
This means you need to use the bonus amount before the bonus expires. Most casino bonuses expire within 7 days, but each casino will have different terms for their free spins offers. For example, some might ask you to sign into your casino account every day to collect more free spins.
Check out the time limits to make sure you don’t miss out on using your free spins.
Maximum Withdrawal Limits
If you’re claiming a no-deposit free spins offer, check the maximum withdrawal limits.
Many casinos will set a cap that limits how much you can win. This amount will be different at each casino. It’s also influenced by the value of the spin. Usually, high-value spins will give you a higher maximum cash-out limit.
Excluded Online Pokies
With free spins offers, you can usually only play certain pokies. The casino sets these games. And you can bet that they will limit the games to ones that favour them – not you.
Because casinos will try to keep payouts low, it’s probably unlikely that you’ll be able to play many jackpot or progressive pokies.
Before you decide to use a free spins bonus, check out the available slot games to see if there are any games you think you’ll enjoy.
Most casino bonus offers, unfortunately, do come with wagering requirements.
These are written as a multiplier. For example, x30 represents the number of times any winnings must be wagered before you can withdraw. If you won $10 from your free spins, you’d need to wager $300 to access your winnings.
Wagering requirements will be different for each bonus and each casino. You may find a bonus with no wagering requirements if you’re lucky, but these are usually pretty hard to find.
Always look out for low multipliers to make it worth your while activating the casino bonus.
Some free spin bonuses will come with game contributions, particularly if you can use your free spins to play high-value slot games. This means less of your stake will go toward meeting the wagering requirements of the bonus spins – which is obviously less than ideal.
Casinos use this to make sure your bonus wagering requirements aren’t too easy to fulfil. Be sure to look out for this before you start to play.
Different online casinos may advertise that you don’t need to make a deposit to access free spins – which is great.
You can play for free and have a little fun. Maybe even win some cash! But sometimes, some casinos might require you to make a deposit before you can withdraw your winnings. Usually, this will be between $5 to $20, which is a common deposit amount.
But again, make sure you check so you don’t get stung.
Top Tips to Win Real Money with Your Free Spins
Here are our top tips to help you win and withdraw real money when using your free spins deposit bonus:
- Choose games with high RTP rates: Make sure you play games with high Return to Player (RTP) rates. RTP is the percentage of wagered money you can expect to get back over time. Higher-rated games give you a better chance of winning in the long term, turning your free spins into cash.
- Check the game volatility: Volatility helps you to work out how often you win and how much. Games with high volatility usually mean bigger winnings but less frequent wins.
- Take advantage of other bonuses: Look for extra bonuses such as reload promotions, which give you a percentage of your deposit back as a cash bonus. Also, look out for generous welcome bonus codes at new casinos, that are often offering great bonuses to entice new customers.
- Join the casino’s loyalty program: Sign up for a casino loyalty program to access various bonuses, such as a registration bonus or a welcome bonus. You may also be able to access exclusive events and prizes.
- Shop around: Check out our list of recommended online casinos for the most generous welcome bonus and no-deposit bonus offers.
- Take advantage of additional game features: When activating your free spin bonuses, look for games with extra bonus features, such as multipliers, wilds or bonus rounds. These can help boost the amount you win with your free spins by giving you additional chances to win.
- Check terms and conditions: Always check the terms and conditions of any free spins bonuses to ensure they offer you fair playing conditions.
Playing at a no-deposit free spin casino in Australia can be a lot of fun.
You can usually play a decent range of games for free – without the risk of losing your own cash. Best of all, you’re still in with a chance of winning real money. And you get to try out some new games and different casinos.
But remember that these bonuses typically come with strict terms and conditions, such as high wagering requirements and maximum cash-out limits. There can also sometimes be a limited number of pokies you can play, which can make it a little less fun if you’re looking for a specific slot game.
Be sure to check the terms and conditions of any deposit bonus offer before you play, and always visit licensed online casinos to help keep you safe online.
Free Spins No Deposit Bonus FAQ
How Do I Claim a Free Spins No Deposit Bonus in Australia?
You usually need to sign up for a new account at a no-deposit free spins casino listed on this page to claim your free spins. The free spins will automatically be credited to your account or you may need to enter a no-deposit bonus code during registration.
Are Wagering Requirements Attached to Free Spins Winnings?
Most no-deposit free spins casinos come with wagering requirements for any cash you win from free spins. So, you’ll need to wager some of your own money before withdrawing your winnings. While you can find some free spins no deposit bonuses with no wagering requirements, they’re pretty rare.
Can I Win Real Money at a Free Spins Casino in Australia?
Yes, you can win real money with your free spins.
However, remember that most no-deposit free spins casinos will limit how much you can win from your no-deposit free spins bonus. And there may be other restrictions in place as well.
Can I Use Free Spins on All Online Pokies at Aussie Casinos?
Not necessarily. Some no-deposit free spins casino sites will only allow you to use your free spins bonuses on certain pokie machines, while others may allow you to use them on any machine. Check out the terms and conditions of each casino before you play.
Are No Deposit Free Spins at Aussie Online Casinos Actually Free?
Yes and no. You won’t have to spend any of your money to access free spins at an online casino.
But you will need to check the terms and conditions of the offer. That’s because each casino will have different terms for withdrawing any cash won with your deposit bonus spins.
For example, you may have to deposit to claim your winnings or meet playthrough requirements.
Do I Have to Download Software to Play With Free Spins?
No, most online casinos don’t require you to download any software to wager free spins bonuses. You can play directly from your browser.
Are All Free Spins Worth the Same Amount Per Spin?
No. Online casinos usually reward 10 to 100 free spins with no deposit bonuses. The value of the free spin can range from between $0.10 and $0.25 on average.
Some casinos also offer special free spin deals, though these can be harder to find. For example, a Super Spin increases the value of the free spin. Another option is a Mega Spin, which is typically worth $1.
Some casinos use the term ‘Extra Spins’ instead of free spins. This is because of recent changes in regulations in different jurisdictions to help clarify how free spins work for players.
- Malta Gaming Authority. “Who We Are” https://www.mga.org.mt/who-we-are/
- UK Gambling Authority. “Helping you get information about gambling in Great Britain and find support when you need it”, https://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/
- Gambling Help Online. “Free online support for anyone affected by gambling”, https://www.gamblinghelponline.org.au/
- Wikipedia. “Slot machine”, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slot_machine
Jack, with a finance background, offers expert insights on online casino bonuses at AusCasinos since 2017, using his analytical skills to guide Aussies through the complexities of iGaming offers.Read more about the author