PayPal Casinos: The Best Australian PayPal Casinos in 2023
Paypal, much like other payment titans Visa and Mastercard, needs little introduction when discussing the key players in online payment processing.
PayPal has become a common payment processor used around the world for many purposes, and therefore, the online casino has become a frequent host for this method of payment.
Our expert team has been looking for only the highest quality Paypal casinos to provide you guys with.
Currently, we’ve found no PayPal casino that fits our criteria. For now, enjoy these fantastic alternatives.
The Best Alternatives To PayPal Casinos
What is PayPal and What are PayPal Casinos?
Put simply, PayPal is an online payment processor that allows its customers to securely conduct payments online and receive them with equal safety.
It has made a name for itself for both availability around the globe (through numerous partnerships) and ease of use.
Therefore, a PayPal casino is essentially an online casino where one can create an online casino account and use Paypal as a payment method to deposit funds to play online casino games.
Similar payment methods to Paypal include Venmo, Google Pay and Payoneer.
How to Make a Deposit at Casinos with Paypal
Making a PayPal deposit is quite a straightforward endeavour. Here’s how.
- Create an account with the PayPal casino we’ve listed here and log in.
- Head over to the deposit section to see the options available.
- Select PayPal as your preferred option.
- Jot in your desired amount then follow the prompts to enter into and link up your PayPal account.
- Upon confirmation, the funds should show up in your casino account, quick smart.
How to Withdraw Money from Casinos with PayPal
- Head over to the withdrawal section of the online casino.
- Put PayPal as your chosen payment method.
- Enter the desired amount you’d like to cash out and follow the prompts to bring up your PayPal account.
- Once you’re good to go, the funds should be on the way to your Paypal account.
- Usually, the funds take about one day to withdraw, but this can take longer depending on the casino.
Is it Safe to Use Paypal at Online Casinos?
One of the reasons why Paypal continues to be a dominant force in the online payment scene is its strong focus on safety and security for all parties involved.
How do they achieve this?
A few examples of their measures for added security include end-to-end encryption, SSL (secure socket layer) protocol with 128-bit encryption, browser integrity checks and their own Paypal security key.
Add this along with world-renowned buyer protection, and you’ve got a pretty good package to keep you and your hard-earned cash safe.
Why Use PayPal at Online Casinos?
PayPal is widely used for a reason, and that’s primarily because one can easily connect their bank account to Paypal and instantly enjoy a colossal range of benefits.
These benefits can include security when conducting transactions, a high level of convenience and being able to use it at many locations worldwide.
The major downside would definitely be the high level of fees that one will come across when sending or receiving money via PayPal.
However, here are some of the main pros and cons to help you make the decision that suits you the best.
Pros & Cons with PayPal Casinos
- Security: PayPal has their customers covered with state-of-the-art security.
- Convenience: Its a piece of cake to carry out deposits and withdrawals at a Paypal casino.
- Widespread: It’s remarkably popular and the paypal online casino is quite common.
- Instant Deposits: Quicker than a professional fast bowler, you’ll be playing online casino games in no time at all.
- Bonuses: There are sometimes appealing goodies (online casino paypal deposit bonus comes to mind) when PayPal is your preferred payment method.
- Fees: There may be fees for using PayPal to make deposits or withdrawals, and PayPal may charge for certain transactions.
- Limited Availability: It may not be available at all online casinos or in all countries, despite its ubiquity.
- Slower Cash Out: Withdrawals made through PayPal can have long processing times, which might be frustrating for punters.
- Verification: Paypal requires rigorous identification and verification, which can take a while.
Limits, Fees and Costs Associated with PayPal
As with all payment methods, it is sometimes too good to be true.
That’s why we decided to investigate to see if PayPal has any hidden fees, costs or limits when it comes to using it at a casino, so there won’t be any nasty surprises.
Is There a Deposit Limit and What are the Fees?
The maximum deposit limit you’ll find at Paypal casinos will vary depending on the casino’s policies and the nature of your Paypal account.
Check out the PayPal casino in question to find out if they charge for initiating a deposit with your PayPal account.
As it stands, there are times when a casino that accepts PayPal charges a deposit fee, often before giving a bonus.
Is There a Withdrawal Limit and What are the Fees?
As with the deposit limit, the maximum limit and withdrawal fees will vary depending on the casino and the specifics of your PayPal account.
Withdrawal fees are common when using PayPal casinos, for example, if you withdraw funds and there is a conversion fee or processing fee applied by Paypal to get it back to your account, or by the casino itself.
Check with the casino and see if there are any specific conditions attached when you withdraw funds.
Other Limits and Fees
Paypal tends to have quite a few different fees associated with having a Paypal account, which can include domestic personal transactions, international transaction fees or conversion fees.
Here you can find a comprehensive breakdown of PayPal’s fees across the board.
Features and Apps
Any payment method worth spending time and money on will have a ton of nifty features and apps that can enhance the experience for the customer.
We investigated to see what exactly Paypal had to offer and found some cool stuff.
One of PayPal’s most renowned features is the watertight buyer protection for purchases made through the platform.
For example, if you buy a pair of sneakers and they turn out to be a scam, paying through PayPal entitles you to buyer protection, so your money is safe.
Another bonus is that merchants only receive PayPal IDs, instead of credit card or other sensitive info.
You don’t get such a good rep in the financial biz these days if you haven’t got a world-class under your belt.
Fortunately, that’s exactly what Paypal has.
The great thing about the app is once you’ve logged in and your info is there, it makes the process even more seamless when processing payments and conducting financial activity online.
It’s a user-friendly app and serves as a convenient, helpful arm of the business, which is what apps should be right?
How to Sign Up at Paypal
As with many things related to Paypal, signing up with Paypal and creating an account is a relatively easy and laid-back process.
Follow these steps and you’ll be good as gold:
- Head over to the sign-up page and select the account that you’d like to open (Personal or Business).
- Pop in your email and a secure password, and make sure you have access to the email (you’ll need to confirm it)
- Enter your details, such as name, phone number and address.
- Complete the security check by entering the characters you see in the image or audio clip provided.
- Now follow the prompts and create your Paypal account! Exciting times.
Paypal, due to being a company dealing with financial matters, has quite a meticulous KYC process that every single Paypal customer will need to fulfil before using Paypal as a service (including for online gambling).
What you can expect from Paypal is similar to a financial institution like a bank, where you will need to provide personal information such as a government-issued ID (driver’s license or passport), proof of address, bank card, and bank account details.
After the verification process is all done (usually within two working days), you should be good to go.
How Do We Rate The Best Paypal Casinos?
While the online casinos accepting paypal out there are usually of fairly decent quality, many do tend to be quite poor.
To filter out the worst of the bunch and only list the best PayPal casinos, here are some of the tactics that we use.
- First of all, the online casino has to accept PayPal deposits and withdrawals, and it should be clear that the casino site accepts PayPal as one of its payment methods.
- Carrying out PayPal deposits and withdrawals should be a seamless process and readily available for the customer.
- The customer service team must be well informed about Paypal as a payment method, and be willing to give advice and support on any issues that occur involved with using Paypal.
- We take a peek and see if there are any limitations or fees associated with using Paypal to enjoy everything the online casino has to offer.
About Paypal as a Company
Paypal’s origins began in 1998 when a couple of tech entrepreneurs (Peter Thiel and Max Levchin) founded the company under the name Confinity, with the goal of simple, low cost and easy online payments for customers.
Now PayPal is one of the largest internet payment processors in the world, with an international reach and partnerships with companies such as eBay, as well as now an enormous number of merchants that accept PayPal (like online casino sites)
To this day, the vision remains the same, ensuring fast, easy and secure payment methods online, made easier by connection to the user’s bank account.
Find out more about the PayPal story.
Is Paypal Legal to Use?
Paypal is perfectly legal to use at online casinos, provided that they have approved the merchant first.
For this reason, online casinos that have Paypal are legit and safe.
Additionally, as long as you aren’t using Paypal to conduct illegal transactions, fraud or suspicious activity, you can use Paypal at online casinos to your heart’s content.
This is partly to thank for the highly regulated and checked nature of the platform.
Does PayPal Disclose Information to the Tax Authorities?
It depends on what you’re using Paypal for.
If it’s solely as a private citizen using it to send money to family or using Paypal for personal purposes, while it can be reported, it may not be automatic (unless requested by tax authorities)
Using PayPal for business transactions, however, PayPal (depending on the region) may be required by law to report your tax status and transactions to the relevant tax bodies to ensure that everything is above board.
Having a punt or a slap on the pokies at online casinos accepting PayPal can be a fun pastime, and even give you a bit of cash, but gambling responsibly is becoming more important than ever.
For Australians, gambling responsibly involves setting limits on the time and money you lay down when gambling, knowing the odds and info back to front, and knowing your limits to a T.
Gambling with money that you can afford to lose and always seek help if you feel like your gambling habits are becoming a problem, there are many resources out there to get you back on track.
PayPal is a highly beneficial form of payment to use when going about your business at online casinos, and there is a reason the PayPal casino is such a frequent sight these days.
If you enjoy fast, safe and convenient transactions, then PayPal might be the best option for you.
If you don’t enjoy the fees associated with using such a service, then I’d say that using Paypal at online casinos accepting PayPal may not be the best option for you.
Overall, it’s a highly competitive option with heaps of benefits.
- PayPal Holdings, Inc. “How to Complete Your KYC”, https://www.paypal.com/c2/webapps/mpp/kyc
- PayPal Holdings, Inc. “How PayPal Works”, https://www.paypal.com/us/digital-wallet/how-paypal-works
PayPal Casinos FAQ
Are There Many Casinos That Accept PayPal?
Absolutely, and you can find the best PayPal online casinos on this page.
In general, many casinos will accept PayPal due to the sheer number of people that use it, and the safety and convenience involved.
Can I Earn Real Money Using Paypal Casinos?
No doubt, provided that you make a real money deposit and fulfil the wagering requirements, you can generally withdraw money to your Paypal.
Are There Bonuses at Paypal Casinos?
There are bonuses (such as deposit bonuses or free spins) at virtually every PayPal casino, as top casinos want to entice and reward their customers.
Make sure to stay updated on the latest promotions.
Is it Free to Register for Paypal?
Creating a PayPal account is completely free and easy, and will instantly give you access to the benefits offered by Paypal casinos once you have been verified on Paypal.
Nathan, a financial expert with a decade of banking experience, guides AusCasinos' readers through the maze of online casino payment methods, combining professional insights with a passion for iGaming.Read more about the author